What do you love about the city?
The people! The people make a city and New York is one big mixing pot of crazy characters, plus they are so friendly.
Most inspiring store, spaces, galleries?
- The Whitney Museum….I just keep coming back, the building itself is so fantastic and it's plonked right on the top of the highline, which is of course another NY must do.
- Bird in Williamsburg Brooklyn has a beautiful curated selection of brands (some very similar to ours at The Standard Store).
- Supreme, just because this is the best example of retail nailing it….create the hype and people will follow.
- Rachel Comey store on Crosby Street, a beautiful shop fit out - tells the whole Rachel Comey story.
- The Guggenheim - that stairwell!!!
- The Met Museum - you could literally spend a week in here and still not cover it all. Absolutely amazing!
- Aire Baths in Tribeca - so amazing! Hot baths, very dark, lit by candles = absolute indulgence! The perfect antidote after a busy NY day.
- What Goes Around Comes Around - incredible vintage pieces to lust after from original Levi 501’s to Chanel handbags.
Secret eating /drinking spots?
- I am lucky enough to stay with my friend in Tribeca, so I can live like a local. Without fail we go to her favourite Italian downstairs - Terra for simple fresh Italian food and great wine. I will also come here by myself and eat at the bar - I love eating alone in NY !
- The Flower Shop - Brielle (my lovely Surry Hills girl)'s brother - Ronnie Flynn has opened this fabulous restaurant/bar in Chinatown. It's a great place to hang if you are feeling nostalgic for Australia, and where all the beautiful people hang!
- The bar at The Odeon - for a bit of downtown glamour.
Pass! I stopped drinking coffee years ago.
Where to stay?
- The Standard in Chelsea is far from Standard - and a great location.
- The Ludlow
- With my friend in Tribeca…tell Tana I sent you! Find it here