RIPE Vol. 02
by Jacqueline Haywood·
1. Capturing the emotive essence of a Rothko canvas on digital steroids, this still from Carsten Nicolai’s immersive techno-scape, Unicolour, is mood personified. Here’s to fresh beginnings in 2022. Long may she glow.
2. Henrik Vibskov’s new drop is pure sculpt fiction, including soft serves of power pastels and voluminous cottons to get you through the heat with a material whirl.
3. Released in 1964, Ford’s concept car, Aurora, sings to our escapist yearnings for the wide open road and a lap or two of luxury. Our fave features include: a front passenger seat that swivels to face a curved ‘sofa’ and a back hatch with rear-facing seats that beg sidling up to your fave lookout or old skool drive-in screen.
4. Fit for purpose, up-cycled B Sides jeans are classics in the making using Levi’s denim. Go for a slouchy, kinked leg with Vintage Lasso’s or a cropped straight fit featuring patched front panels. These timeless wardrobe staples are the shape of things to come.
5. Out in time for mellow summer cocktail hours, Playlister brings the sunset vibe to you via STANDARD STORE / RIPE / VOL.02 on Spotify. We’re loving Melbourne's Bell Towers' remix of the Toronto-based musician Casey MQ's song Don't Be Afraid of Monsters. His latest album Babycasey:ultra is full of weird and wacky pop, but this remix is really bursting our bubble.
BAROQUE 'N’ ROLL
6. Reception is the cult of personali-tee. The Parisienne label’s literally got your back these hol’s with a range of 100% cotton t-shirts. They’re all biz upfront with discreet chest print details and strictly party out the back with trippy moods and iconic destinations emblazed across their reverse side.
7. Introducing Lebanese interior and furniture designer, Stéphanie Moussalem, whose shades of genius dive into the life aquatic. Coral, multi-hued glass, silk and intricate woodwork ignite Mediterranean coastline fantasies with the flick of a switch.
TAKE THE PLUNGE
8. Ulla Johnson’s Martina Maillot with dusty, desert-hued tones is Happy Hour personified. Taking you from the beach to bar with its asymmetric frill, it’s the essential holiday packing item.
9. CC Tapis rugs have reached the status of artworks, adorning both floors and walls. Their latest collection, Dagallà – a collab with the Italian artist Edoardo Piermattei – elevates the sensation of soft seaside landings via undulating silky piles whose swirling patterns recall volcanic archipelagos cooled by oceanic blues.
10. Infuse your vapour trail these holidays with James Heeley’s classic new 'Athenean’ unisex scent. It hints at warm woody, laconic fig tree notes with cooling soft green aquatic ripples, guaranteeing instant head swivels from those whose path you cross.
11. Based in Italy, The Line is light years ahead, offering supremo CGI solutions (plus 3D modeling, high-quality renders, and VR technology) to the design world. Transport yourself to fantasy islands and dream pads via Insta for a dose of pure vacay dopamine. Our fave is The Mistic Shelter, a floating tower of escapist sensuality.
All The Standard Store stock courtesy of The Standard Store, Australia
Carsten Nicolai image sourced from Fad Magazine
Ford Aurora image sourced from Spiegel Mobilität
Stéphanie Moussalem image by Francesco Squeglia
CC Tapis rug image courtesy of CC Tapis
Playlister image by Kirk Lisaj; creative direction by Erin Reznick
James Heeley perfume courtesy James Heeley
The Line image sourced from The Line