RIPE Vol. 01
by Samantha Nowell·
Introducing RIPE Vol.01.
It’s packed with design inspiration and product that’s ripe for the picking including our first collaboration with Playlister.
HIGH VOLTAGE1. Spanish studio, Burr, transforms a commercial space in Madrid into Brutal Burrito – a force of nature that’s turning the heat up in the fast food design stakes.
2. Made in Italy, Rachel Comey’s dominant danglers are strictly for the bold at heart. Their hyper-links will instantly click with whatever you pair them with.
3. Sydney’s Stacey Brewer pipes a delectable dose of Marie Antoinette attitude on her buttercream cakes. Her ‘Fuck Covid’ delicacies have hit the sweet spot over the past few months. Who knows what’s in store for the silly season?
4. YMC’s exclusive Museum of Youth Culture archive prints on oversized tees celebrate the cultural movements that have inspired the label’s 25 years of design. Choose a lilac Rave print for a dose of acid house or channel the Notting Hill Carnival with Jamaica in ya pipe with their Reggae print.
5. Barcelona-based artist Sergio Roger is a modern-day man of the cloth. During Milan’s recent Design Week he presented a complete fabrication of classical iconography in Rossana Orlandi’s gallery. Textile Ruins re-interpreted natural stone sculptures with delicately embroided antique linen and velvet. Genius.
6. Sculptor, furniture and fashion designer, Faye Toogood, morphs her creative smarts into a cushioned landing with her Birkenstock X Toogood slides (exclusive to The Standard Store in Australia). Visit online or in-house today as stock is literally walking out the door!
7. From dub to dance plus retro-active gospel folk and the best new soultronica, Playlister introduces its first collab with The Standard Store. Bringing the party to you via Spotify, STANDARD STORE / RIPE / VOL.01 features an uplifting instrumental from Kaidi Tatham plus vocals by Little Simz, Natalie Bergman and Lady Blackbird, amongst others, ending on an epic high with a version of Janet Kay's classic Silly Games by Tiana Major9.
8. Berlin-based Anntian’s silk garments are not for shrinking violets. Designed to slink over the body, their potent bloom prints are bang on the sartorial scent.
9. Amsterdam-based Germans Ermičs codes colour with the tonal trigger of a wake-up call. Splicing light upon shaded glass with Kubrickian flair, his chairs, tables and screens catalyse shifts in how we perceive objects.
GAME OF TONES
10. These techno-zen master heelers will set you on your path.
Flower Moutain sandals are designed for savvy social climbers given their non-slip rubber soles and fantastical straps fabricated from pigments of the imagination.
11. Created in Draga & Aurel’s Italian atelier, their monumental Golia Coffee Table collection features trademark materials (raw concrete, high chroma translucent resin and brass) but with glamorously aggressive Brutalist angles instead of their familiar curves.
All The Standard Store stock courtesy of The Standard Store, Australia
Brutal Burrito photographed by Maru Serrano
Stacey Brewer cakes courtesy of Stacey Brewer Cakes
Sergio Roger installation photographed by Marco Menghi and detail view courtesy Sergio Roger
Lady Blackbird sourced from banbantonton.com
German Ermičs chair courtesy German Ermičs
Draga & Aurel installation photographed by Riccardo Gasperoni
Words by Dimity Noble